What is the Common Cold?
- Colds are minor infections of the nose and throat caused by several different viruses.
- A cold may last for about one week, but some colds last longer, especially in children, elderly people, and those in poor health.
- Colds are highly contagious. They most often spread when droplets of fluid that contain a cold virus are transferred by touch. These droplets may also be inhaled.
- Is is a cold or allergies (click here)?
How to Nurse a COLD
- Advil Liquigels OTC 600-800mg 2-3 times per day(IF NOT ALLERGIC TO NSAIDS such as aspirin or ibuprofen)Prilosec OTC daily while on Advil
- Saline Rinses with 2x-3x salt, 2-3 times daily
- Sudafed OTC 30mg every 4 hours as tolerated for first couple of days
- Antihistamine first couple of days may be helpful
- Rest, hydration, nutrition
- Albuterol every 4 hours as needed for wheezing if asthmatic